Long time, both in updating this blog, and also since the breakup, and the reason I started writing. A few months more than a year, and so much has happened.
The people I've met, the things I have done, and the opportunities I was given, would have followed an entirely different path. Would I have regretted it? Probably not, for how can you regret something which would never have happened? Yet I would still choose the life I live now over what I had in the past. It is hard to believe how much my life, and my person have changed. I commonly joke with some of my new friends and acquaintances about how they wouldn't have recognized me slightly more than a year ago and this seems to be a difficult point to prove. Yet I am certain of these changes because I, more than anyone, know what I was, and what I have become.
The memories of that lost era still follow me, but now, I am able to talk about them without the pain that is associated with them. Sometimes, my friends still say, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought that up" but in my heart, I realized that I no longer feel a thing. Memories can only hurt me, if I let them and, I have no more reason to let them.
The girl I have fallen in love with now, has become a most integral part of my life. She is vastly different to my ex, and that, is probably what I like most about her.
The friends I have made, both at KLpac and at MPYO, would probably not have come to be, if it wasn't for my boredom after the breakup, and my decision to really make something serious out of this craft. Where I was comfortable and lazy before, I am now determined and looking forward to a future I forge myself.
To everyone who was there when I needed them most- Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Some I may not talk to anymore, some, I still hang out with regularly, but all of you are important to me.

0 comments:
Post a Comment