"So what are you going to do tomorrow?" I asked.
"Oh, I'm going to meet him..." She replied, looking straight at my face as if soliciting for a response.
"Ohhhh..." I started, as I gave my best I-don't-care-face.
"What? You're jealous?" She asked, half smiling. Apparently my I-don't-care-face failed.
"Oh no... Not really." I tried avoiding her gaze.
"You're frowning, that means something is up."
I continued trying to avoid her gaze. I guess my face betrayed my emotions.
"Tell me." She continued in a firm voice.
"Well, its just that I had hoped I would have been able to make you forget about him." I said.
"You're already doing more than he did in three years." She said softly.
"Not enough apparently..." I muttered.
I guess I should have known what I was getting into. Yet somehow, I had hoped for a little too much, too soon.
"Nah, don't worry about me, I'll be fine, I always am." I smiled. Our conversation drifted on to other topics.
"Why are you making me fall for you?" She asked suddenly. Slightly more serious this time.
I was startled. I believed I was only doing what every guy should do, or at least how I was raised to believe in anyway.
"Is that a bad thing?" I laughed, as best a laugh as I could manage given my conflicted feelings.
"Nooo, its not." She smiled. A beautiful smile as always. I loved it.
"You know what," I started, "Do what makes you happy."
A genuine wish but here I was putting my feelings aside again. I have been told I do that too often, that I am too nice to people, and that this was the reason I was dumped. I did not know if that was true, but I do believe that people should be treated genuinely.
"I think I can make you happier than him though." I said. I couldn't believe what I just said. The me from the past would not have said something like this and I immediately regretted saying it.
"I know you can." She smiled again. Still the same drop-dead gorgeous smile. I smiled weakly in reply as I pushed my roti-telur around with my fork.
What could I say to that smile? In the end, my feelings prevailed.
Juoin
DeveloperCras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:
Post a Comment