Falling in love?

by 11:34 PM 1 comments
   Sometimes people just find their way into our hearts. No matter how much we try to guard it, no matter how much we tell ourselves after each heartbreak how "I will never love someone else again!"

   Its silly, but as she sat there opposite me, slowly hacking away at her dinner, I found myself growing fond of this person. Was it her demeanor? Her unique way of doing stuff? Was it how she always seemed whimsically distracted? Staring off into the distance with sleepy eyes. Was it how the sides of her mouth curled up ever so slightly when I try to be funny? I did not know.

   She was still a mystery to me at that point. I could not always tell what what she was thinking, or what she was going to do next. It wasn't because I wanted to know, but that mysterious people intrigued me. They were unpredictable, and because of this, interesting. One day, she would be bubbly and chatty, telling me all about her vacation, or the things that vexed her. On other days, she would sit there silently, staring away, or at her phone.

   When she smiled though, the room lit up. It was genuine, that much I could tell, and she did not smile often, so when she does, time freezes, and the image remains in my mind for a long time.
   It is images like this, that compel me to want to make her smile. It might sound pretentious, fake even, but I've learnt to appreciate a person through all their faults.

   All things considering, I was very lucky, to have a bunch of awesome friends, and to have met a bunch of new and awesome people. Do I still think about the past? Absolutely. Would I want things to return to how they were? Most likely not.

   Will I fall in love again? Yes, I just might.

 

Juoin

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

1 comment: