"merry christmas", I whispered as she rested her head on my chest. The cold night air enveloped the both of us as she hugged me even tighter.
"do you miss me?" she asked, her hands shivering from the cold.
"of course", I replied. Her warmth, her kindness, her love. I missed them all.
"I missed you too" she said. Her voice trailing off into the cold night air.
I placed my hand around her cheeks, stroking them. Her hazel eyes looked back at me. Melancholy? I did not understand, I was right there with her, why is she emanating such a sad look?
I closed my eyes and gave her a kiss. As passionate as I could.
And then I woke up. My heart aching. The room dark. I looked around the room and saw a light blinking on my phone. It was text from her -
Merry Christmas baby, I love you.

0 comments:
Post a Comment