"Are you tired?" I asked her.
"Why?" Her usual reply, always the curious-er one.
"You look tired" I replied.
She didn't answer me.
I messed up I realized. I was so stupid and so egotistic. I didn't see that she was really what mattered to me. And now, only after, did I know. She was the one who would do anything for me. And she was the one who really mattered.
She didn't answer me.
I messed up I realized. I was so stupid and so egotistic. I didn't see that she was really what mattered to me. And now, only after, did I know. She was the one who would do anything for me. And she was the one who really mattered.
I touched her face, she didn't flinch, didn't move. She looked back at me, her mouth in a slight smile.
"What are you looking at?" She asked, rhetorically, she knew I always looked at her.
My heart skipped a beat. She was beautiful when she said that. It wasn't because she didn't know why either, it was because she wanted to talk to me.
"You. Cause you're beautiful" I replied.
"Right..." She said, looking forward once more. I swear her tiny little smile got a little bit bigger.
She sat a little straighter as a gust of wind blew at her hair. Silence once more.
There were so many things I wanted to tell her. So many things I wanted to show her. So many things I wanted to do with her. The way she used to smile when I told her stories of my day. The way she laughed at my jokes, however lame they were. They way she would press her head into my chest. I missed those.
I looked at her once more. She looked back, head tilted low, her eyes looking upward at my face. She was cute.
"What?" She demanded once more.
I smiled again and swore to myself never to make her cry again.
"What are you looking at?" She asked, rhetorically, she knew I always looked at her.
My heart skipped a beat. She was beautiful when she said that. It wasn't because she didn't know why either, it was because she wanted to talk to me.
"You. Cause you're beautiful" I replied.
"Right..." She said, looking forward once more. I swear her tiny little smile got a little bit bigger.
She sat a little straighter as a gust of wind blew at her hair. Silence once more.
There were so many things I wanted to tell her. So many things I wanted to show her. So many things I wanted to do with her. The way she used to smile when I told her stories of my day. The way she laughed at my jokes, however lame they were. They way she would press her head into my chest. I missed those.
I looked at her once more. She looked back, head tilted low, her eyes looking upward at my face. She was cute.
"What?" She demanded once more.
I smiled again and swore to myself never to make her cry again.

0 comments:
Post a Comment