"Yesterday... All my troubles seemed so far away... now it looks as though they're here to stay..."
I hummed along quietly as the melody engulfed my ears. "How I've changed" I thought. I used to find popular music bland and uninteresting. Somehow, the lyrics always seemed to revolve around a common theme of love and breakups and heartbreaks; emotions I've never really resonated with. Now however, I seemed to understand all too well the sorrow these songs convey. They no longer seemed uninteresting or bland, suddenly every song seemed to apply to my situation and I developed a taste for these popular songs.
The next song on my play list came on. "I don't get many things right the first time... In fact, I am told that a lot..."
This song brought back memories, happy memories, but with it, unhappy ones followed closely too. It was true I thought, I've made mistakes, and have suffered for it. If I dont get a second chance, then so be it, because I know I am still lucky to have a few loyal and dependable friends. I will never forget the person who introduced the movie this song came from to me, but I've realized that I was so preoccupied with her, I neglected the people who really cared about me. The people who really matter.
As people passed by the cafe I was sitting at, I realized that in the end we are all just passerbys, we meet all sorts of people, some we only pass by for a short while, but leave a deep impression on us. We can choose to spend the rest of our lives chasing them, or, we can choose to look to our sides, and appreciate the people who choose to walk the same path as us. The people who choose to be more than just a passerby in your life.

0 comments:
Post a Comment