We could've, would've been...

by 1:16 AM 0 comments
Today could've been significant.
I would've made it brilliant.
We should've texted each other all day.
We might've even met up by the bay.
Instead, I'm left wondering within,
About what should've, could've, would've been.

Maybe I should've treated you better,
Definitely would've loved you more.
I could've also been more tolerant,
And might've even gotten you a present.
Would you've stayed with me then?
And we'd've been happy together again?

I know I shouldn't've thought
About what we could've sought
But surely you must've known,
That even now I would've shown,
An affection I'd've retained,
For you, the one I could've gained.

In the end what we could've become,
Was a "liked-to've" dream gone dumb.
So as memories of our "should've" haunt,
And echoes of our "could've" past taunt,
I must've wished you a happy life.
My should've, could've, would've wife.





 

Juoin

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment