It's been 3 months. A short time in reality, an eternity in thought. I feel as though I've come a long way from the person I was. It feels like I've walked a thousand miles, and when I look ahead, I see a thousand more.
Yet there isn't any feeling of dread, or fatigue. Only a quiet resignation, an acknowledgment of the facts, and a desire to keep going, because I know I've grown wiser and stronger these past months. I have experienced a heartbreak not many people fully understand; someone I truly loved more than anything, telling me I was no longer needed in her life.
Yet, through this, I have also met and recognized people. People whom I considered friends but in the midst of the conflict decided to take sides. Old friends who stuck with me from day one, who were there for me at every turn. New friends who showed me the meaning of life, of how to enjoy it and to love it.
It was an inspiring 3 months. She will always have a place in my heart, the girl who showed me what it felt like to be truly in love.

0 comments:
Post a Comment