We ended up at a small Hong-Kong style restaurant. The type we both detested for its noisy atmosphere and lousy food. Nevertheless, there wasn't much choice at this time since most other restaurants in the vicinity were filled with people waiting to break fast.
The choice of food was limited; a few chinese selections, some local malay cuisines, fusion spaghetti, western style sets, none of which seemed enticing to me. I looked across the table at her. Her frown on her head indicated to me that she too, was having a hard time choosing.
"I'll just order a drink.", she finally said after 5 minutes of flipping back-and-forth.
"Are you sure? You'll be hungry in the plane", I retorted.
"Its ok," she replied, "I want to eat Penang food after I get back there."
I shrugged, knowing her well, there was little point in arguing. She always favored the food of her hometown more than any other food. Afterall, she grew up there, and lived there for pretty much all her life. Still, I did not understand her unwillingness to try anything new or special.
She ended up with sour plum juice; her favorite drink. As the waiter left with our orders, she looked up at me, beaming again with her trademark smile and asked, "So how are you?"
"Pretty good!" I responded, with a thin smile.
The truth was, the past 2 months had been rough. Far rougher than I would care to admit. The demise of this relationship, coupled with a few other incidents (which I am not at liberty to disclose) made these 2 months one of the toughest weeks for me in recent memory. Still, I tried to present a brave front to her. Perhaps it was my ego. Perhaps, I just didn't want to think about them anymore.
Juoin
DeveloperCras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:
Post a Comment