The girl I saw at the restaurant.

by 11:13 PM 0 comments
   "I can't do it", I said.
   "Go on!", my friend insisted.
   "No, I can't." I protested, "I'm not interested!"
   This was a lie I knew. Deep down, I knew I was scared, an intense feeling of dread. What if she rejected me? I thought. What if, she slapped me and never talked to me again? I took a deep breath, am I brave enough to take the plunge?
   "Ok fine," I conceded, "I'll only ask for her number, no more."
   My friend let out a grin so wide I thought only the cheshire could manage. "Go on dude!" He teased.
   I got up from my seat, my smartphone in my hand. 'Play it cool', I told myself, 'Just smile, and everything will be fine.' I didn't believe myself for one second. She was at the back of the kitchen, washing some plates left over by some customers. She had in her ears a pair of earphones, I did not know if they were on.
   "Erhm, excuse me..." I stuttered. She didn't hear me.
   "Sorry, excuse me..." I tried, a little louder this time. Still no response. I reached over, and gingerly gave her a poke on the shoulder. She jumped. Literally. And almost fell over.
   "You scared me!" She cried, still startled by my poke.
   "I'm so so sorry..." I replied as I tried to help steady her. "Could I... have your number?" I asked with my fingers crossed.
   She looked at me in disbelief for a second. "Why do you want my number?" She retorted.
   "I just thought, to make a new friend...?" I replied, unsure of what I was really thinking at that time. "If thats alright with you."
   "Well, I can give you my facebook", She answered, with a small smile.
   "Sure! Of course!" I said, sounding like a bumbling idiot.
   'I've got to work on my pick-up skills', I thought as she typed her name into my phone. 'I've been out of the game for too long...'

Juoin

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:

Post a Comment