A loud thunderclap boomed across the neighbourhood, shaking the windows and doors. My cat curled up tighter on my lap, purring cooly.
I looked at the time, almost 3 a.m, I have been sitting here in front of my computer for almost 7 hours. My eyelids were heavy as I took another sip of coffee. Rubbing my eyes, I squinted at the computer screen. The words seemed to crawl around the screen like ants. I shook it off as a sign of fatigue rather than me going crazy.
I took a quick glance at the last text messages from her, they were timestamped 10.15p.m; almost 5 hours ago. Her replies recently were mostly cold and brief and in most cases, non-existent too. A far cry from how we used to chat. And I missed them immensely.
I breathed a sigh of disappointment. 'What happened?' I asked myself, my heart aching in my chest. I knew I would probably never know why, still, there persists a nagging feeling of regret. Perhaps, I had done something wrong? Perhaps, I unknowingly pissed her off? I wanted to know.
Breathing another deep sigh, I returned to work, typing away on my keyboard. Quickly becoming absorbed in my work, these thoughts were quickly pushed aside. Yet, in the dark corners of my mind, they remained, ready to reappear the moment my thoughts were free. I couldn't keep her out of my mind.
Juoin
DeveloperCras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:
Post a Comment