The girl who broke my heart.

by 1:57 PM 1 comments
   She stood there by the road. Her hair, a deep maroon red in the evening sun. Her shirt too, a checkered red and black pattern. She carried a small red purse I had not seen before, and she wore her usual Birkenstock red shoes.
   She opened my car door without hesitation, the same way she did a thousand times before. "Hello!", she beamed as she stepped into my car. I could only muster a weak grin. 
   "Where do you want to go for dinner?", I asked. 
   "Somewhere near the airport I suppose.", she replied.
   The same decisiveness I loved about her. Never hesitating, and always willing to tell me what she wanted.
   "Sure.", I responded as I drove out of the train station. She was the same as I had remembered; exuding confidence and cheerfulness, always with a smile on her face. I was, frankly, quite relieved to see her this way. I had worried for weeks just after the breakup after hearing from her friends that she had started drinking every night. Seeing her like this now though, really put my mind to ease.
   "Can I charge my phone?", she asked as she pulled out a cable from her purse.
   "Go ahead.", I replied. She promptly replaced the cable I had attached to the car charger with her own. Again, an action she has done a thousand times already, she showed no hesitation, and looked completely at home. 
   "We made a good team.", I thought. After years of living and being in each other's company, we had developed our own system of doing things. Everything fell into place, no words needed and none were said. Every action was spontaneous and natural. 

Juoin

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

1 comment: