I looked at her while we waited for our orders to arrive. She was distracted, constantly looking at her phone and texting someone. I tried to illicit a reaction to her not paying attention to me; anger, annoyance, joy, reactions I would normally have felt almost immediately in this situation. Instead, I found myself feeling something else, or rather, not feeling anything at all and I realized, I did not care anymore what she did and with whom, and it was scary for a moment.
She finally looked up from her phone, her face, relaxed and happy. I smiled, genuinely for the first time this evening. "And how are you?", I asked in return.
"Oh the same." She replied. "Nothing has changed with me."
It was the same answer she has given for the past months; Nothing has changed. Was our relationship really such a trivial experience for her to have no reaction or response? Or was she simply saying that for the same reasons I said, "I'm good"? I quickly pushed such thoughts out of my head. I knew that if I over thought things, it would only end badly for me and I did not want to spoil my mood this evening.
Juoin
DeveloperCras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 comments:
Post a Comment